Sunday, February 04, 2007

FIRST LOVE

This post is to pay a tribute that means so much to me and has been a vital part of the last four years of my life, Besant Nagar beach.. It all started in 11th standard i guess.. Going for a small ride along the beach after IIT classes. . The frequency of visits slowly started increasing and last year i'm sure i went there atleast 250 days (I'm not kidding)..

This has become my favourite hangout place.. Initially just friends meeting up and chatting.. Then came the craze of frizbee which died out due to some unfortunate circumstances.. We had made it a point to meet at the beach and play frizbee during every day of our exams.. Awesome fun..

Over the last year and a half, have started parking my bike in front of JP, sit there for a while and then go to beach.. Juice Point (JP) is a small coffee shop at the end of the beach.. Lovely place, guys will just love it.. Do go there sometime..

Niru has been the one guy who was always ready to come to the beach.. I remeber so many times when we've messaged each other saying "Beach?" at 9:30 and we would both end up going there at 10:00.. Or stopping at the beach at 10:30 before going to stay over at some friend's place.. Thanks for those wonderful times mate..

This place is not only about all the fun, it has seen my sad times too, which is what makes it great as a whole.. Whenever i am upset or angry, i immediately take my bike and head to the beach.. Go to JP, complete 'formalities', have a coffee and chumma sitting helps getting back to normal.. I've had quite a few arguments here (Some pretty serious).. But when you leave the beach, you still find yourself somehow calm and free of worries (atleast i do)..

The beach has given my friends and me a lot of wondeful memories, pity i can't quote most things here.. Gau will remember a couple.. Meeting up in the beach at ten in the night to discuss 'current developments' and its consequences.. Making Niru and me go in search of things along the entire stretch of the beach..

We've had a lot of hilarious moments here.. Niru giving his various theoris on stars and what not.. Each guy commenting about people walking past.. Referring to various directions to look in 'Machan, super hot chick at 3'0 clock'..

I could go on and on about this place.. I hate one part about me though.. Been going there all this while and i keep forgetting the name of the monument in the picture (Yes, it has a name).. This place has been integral to me for the past few years and i have no idea what i'll do without going there every week.. Hope TCS has a heart..

7 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely loved it,arun .seriously such things like hanging out with closest of pals on a beach is exploring for jewels (u never know what to expect).when u say such things dude i really miss u guys so much .i would have loved to be there with u guys .as they say"its the childhood friends who get lost easily and r the most difficult to forget"

Chandler said...

true.. u should've stayed back in chennai..

Gradwolf said...

awesome post...nostalgic like my post huh :P

Chandler said...

i owed it to the beach :)

Arjun J said...

Nice post da .. Properly Censored For family readin too eh ? :P

Chandler said...

lol.. obviously..

Bob the builder said...

macha .. awesome da. beach write up was touching.. ur words echo exactly my feelings.. its a lovely place to be in the evening/morning, drunk/sober, happy/sad, excited/depressed.

speaking of which when am i meeting u in JP next?? tomm evening??? or right now?