Saturday, April 14, 2007

STRANGER THAN FICTION

It's become a common occurrence in chennai now for it to rain on most festival days.. It happens every year for diwali, which may not be very surprising given the festival comes during the winter season normally.. It happens for every cricket match in Chennai (India might be out of the world cup, but cricket is still my religion).. Today, Tamil New Year's day, it happened again..

Why it rains on these days specifically puzzles me.. Is it a sign of good things to come or is it an acknowledgement of good things that were or am i just reading the signs wrong?? Having said all this, am i being too superstitious about the entire thing??

I'm sure science has a perfect explanation for the entire thing but even science might fail to explain the timing of these events.. This made me wonder if everyone involved in science research etc are atheists.. How would a guy who believes in the big bang theory also believe that god created man.. More debate on that later..

I believe in god but not sure how much i should read into all this.. Education has convinced me that there is reason for all this and it's not some white bearded man(god) throwing water down on earth.. But still, it's been hot in chennai for a long time now, why rain on April 14th specifically.. Strange.. I'm a believer, so I'll take this as a sign of good things to come.. Iniya Tamizh Puthandu Vazhthukal..

2 comments:

Gradwolf said...

yep...puzzles me too!!

Arjun J said...

Worstu .. ur weather forecaster dint even predict it :P